attorneys at law
The dawning of this new decade will inevitably bring unprecedented challenges, the likes of which our professional services career has not previously witnessed, let alone equipped us to manage.
Across the pond here in the UK we’ve had a pretty rough ride for the past 18 months. I’m sure it’s been pretty grim for you too!
If our law school student loans, reduced and/or frozen salaries, reduced bonus pools, reduced headcount, frozen recruitment, deferred trainee intake and reduced number of law training contracts cut deep then I’m pretty certain your USA equivalent dug deeper.
you don’t need me to tell you:
- that the transformation of the way in which the world of legal business operates is now under way
- in this digital age the legal landscape is going to alter significantly throughout this decade
- the legal profession globally has experienced an unprecedented downturn, partly due to the global recession
- for the first time in history a crash has cut so deep that it has affected almost everyone in the profession, even those about to enter it
- competition for a reducing number of law student internship placements is intensifying
- gone are the halcyon days when law student internship placements were plentiful and almost guaranteed
- gone is value work, plentiful margins, salaries and bonuses continually plump
- gone are the halcyon days when clients simply walked through the door
- that if you want to survive, progress and/or succeed you’ve got to go out and win more new business and leverage existing client relationships further AND then nurture it!
what’s on your mind?
As an attorney at law are you one of the many lawyers right now working a five day week but getting paid for four? Has your salary been reduced and/or frozen? Have you retrained and are now working in an area of law as a stop-gap with a hope to return to your chosen field? Are you a law student with a heap of debt, concerned about your financial prospects and uncertain about your future? Maybe you’re thinking ‘this doesn’t match the picture I had in mind’, ‘this isn’t what I expected’ or ‘this isn’t what I signed up for?’
Even if you’ve been blessed, are ‘one of the lucky ones’ and managed to escape all of the above …
- How do you see your legal career progressing this decade?
- Have you been tasked with getting more work in but you’re not sure how?
- Have you been tasked with managing an assistant attorney but you’re not sure you have the skills or support to do it?
- Do you feel ‘stuck’ right now, void of options and direction?
- Not sure whether to sit tight or jump ship?
- Not sure if working your way up the corporate law firm ladder is what you want?
- Not sure if becoming a partner is too risky, or even something that you want?
- Would you like more legal career (or alternative legal career) options?
- Would you like control over your next step, whatever that may be (in or out of the legal profession)?
tell you a secret
I’d like to share with you a secret that will benefit you … if you want it …
I know how you, whether you see yourself as a ‘front of house’ attorney or ‘back room’ kind of attorney, can make that next step (whatever you choose it to be) by helping you learn the ‘soft skills’ that will help you answer all of the above.
Probably of most importance, I can help you generate a handsome quantity and quality of legal sales leads and instructions within a few short months whilst helping you grow professionally and personally.
I did it, you could too!
During the recession 2009 I managed to generate and refer £562,000 of legal sales as a trainee solicitor and newly qualified solicitor (non-practising).
attorney at law: I can help you …
- acquire more strings to your bow
- grow your network and generate impressive legal sales generation, referrals and instructions (regionally, nationally and internationally)
- build enduring, sustainable and viable relationships of value (in business and in life)
- make your superiors look good (they like that)
- take control of the direction of your legal career (or alternative legal career)
- feel confident, inspired, motivated and to find your passion!
interested in knowing how?
I can share with you the 10 fundamental key elements to getting more clients, sales, referrals, income, value, growth and success – the blueprint sales development ROAR model.
The ‘soft skills’ that give you the ability to build and leverage solid relationships, generate value work, market and ‘soft sell’ will stand you in good stead whatever the future holds and wherever you decide to take your career.
get in touch
I look forward to connecting with you and welcome the opportunity to help you, the firm that you serve and your clients prosper. Get in touch.
The Entrepreneur Lawyer