what’s my track record?
futurology, author, strategy, social networking, sales, marketing, brand, innovation
- 2016 honoured as Visiting Fellow, University of Westminster, School of Law (AI and Robots in law), London, UK.
- 2015 listed as one of the world’s top women futurists.
- LinkedIn TOP 2015 list: the best-connected and most engaged woman in the legal sector (4th across all sectors).
- The Times (of London) Top 10 Legal Tweeter list;
- Certified social media strategist; innovator; rainmaker; sales legal coach;
- International Top 100 Executive and Legal Professional of the year 2013 as published in the International Top 100 Business Magazine, April 2013.
- Advisor, Contributor and Thought Leader on the Technology Advisory Council, working with IBM and others to shape the development into the professions of ‘cognitive’ decision tools such as IBM Watson;
- Entrepreneur Mentor at Law Without Walls (LWOW); a community of entrepreneurs, legal practitioners, law professors and law students across 25 universities and countries across the world who are focused on innovating the legal sector. LWOW has been featured in Time Magazine, The Financial Times, Forbes, The National Jurist, and more.
- Best-selling author of the Naked Lawyer series: Tomorrow’s Naked Lawyer: NewTech, NewHuman, NewLaw – How to be successful 2015 to 2045 (Dec 2014) and best-seller The Naked Lawyer eBook: how to market, brand and sell YOU!
- 25 years of business experience (including founder of my own companies) in the management/business consulting, leisure, new media and legal sectors.
- Solid track record in generating income for people and organisations – strategising, innovating and achieving quality lead generation, quality referrals and increasing sales in a short period of time:
- 2011 – £1,000,000 client instruction fees achieved by ONE PARTNER alone from a standing start in one financial year using The Naked Lawyer eBook , the ROAR model, and The ROAR Experience sales programme techniques
- 2009 – £562,000 of new client legal work enquiries as a trainee solicitor and newly qualified solicitor (non-practising)
- 2005 – Involved in published business lifestyle book “Big Rocks: balancing life and work” (innovation and editing)
- 2001 – Cannons Health & Fitness Ltd – Company Prize. Instrumental in club team achieving £500,000 revpam in January 2001
- 1998 – Instrumental in Digital Print Direct Limited achieving DTI Grant offer £250,000 – the first digital print & marketing company in the UK to achieve the same
- 1997>1999 – Teesside Branch Vice Chairman of the Federation of Small Businesses
- As a business consultant I have helped many UK and International organisations and their people grow
- Member of the Institute of Business Consulting (MIBC) and Institute of Directors (IoD)
- Women’s Enterprise Ambassador
- The past 9 years I have spent in the legal profession comprising Masters in Law degree at Sheffield Law School, LPC at Nottingham Law School, legal work experience in Georgetown, Washington D.C. USA and 3 years in a mid-tier Leeds UK based law firm
- 2009 – the first entrepreneurial trainee solicitor in the UK to successfully create a personal brand together with devising a refreshingly unique relationship building, relationship sales and relationship marketing approach which achieved impressive marketing and sales results – £562,000 of new client legal work enquiries
- 2009 – EntrepreneurLawyer Limited founder and CEO
author / writer
2010 author of The Naked Lawyer eBook: a red hot sales blueprint laid bare for bottom line impact – a refreshing approach to ‘how to get more clients, sales, referrals, income, value, growth and success’. If you want to know how to market, personal brand and sell yourself then this is an absolute must read for you!
international Top 100 Executive
International Top 100 Executive and Legal Professional of the year 2013 as published in the International Top 100 Business Magazine, April 2013. The International Top 100 Business Magazine features one hundred of the best, brightest and most accomplished individuals from every industry around the globe. It features those people who have distinguished themselves within their industry, career and community – ordinarily people who live extraordinary lives – and who make the difference. It’s a formal recognition for outstanding career achievement and exemplary leadership.
national award winning researcher
A national award and prize winning researcher. 1996 – Leisure Studies Association `Thesis of the Year Award’: Women Entrepreneurs in the 1990’s.
enterprise ambassador, role model, judge, blogger & mentor
In demand as an enterprise ambassador, role model, judge, innovator, business consultant, sales consultant, law management blogger and mentor:
- 2012 – Columnist for The Global Legal Post and Entrepreneur Country
- 2011 – Designated blogger for Trinity Mirror ‘Totally Legal’ blog.
- 2010 – Designated blogger for the Law Society Gazette’s ‘In Business’ blog – regular contributor to the law management section (blogger); The Prince’s Trust – Million Makers Corporate Challenge (mentor)
- 2009 – Yorkshire & Humber Young Enterprise Awards (judge); Leeds Enterprise Show (role model); Yorkshire Enterprising Researcher (judge)
- 2008 – World University Network Global Enterprise Competition (University of Sheffield panel judge); on the Advisory Board of University of Sheffield Management School; FLUX Leeds Regional Finals (judge); University of Sheffield’s Enterprise Zone Business Creation Competition Finals (business expert & judge)
- See what my clients have to say about how I can help you
- Check out my biography, Why choose me to help you and My story
- Join me on Linkedin
If you have any questions and/or you’d like to simply get in touch then I’d be delighted to hear from you.